Monday, August 31, 2009

Email from Walker Center

This is an email my dad wanted to share that he sent and received from a counselor from The Walker Center in Boise:

"I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for informing me of the situation. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. My memories of Carey are all good and I am thankful for the brief time that he shared his light with me."

Jeremy Blades, BS, CADC


"Carey was at the Walker Center the fall of 2007 under your direction. We found him dead on Aug. 2, 2009 kneeling at his bed. Carey had been clean for almost 2 years. The many pressures of debt collectors, old “friends”, a beat up body, not able to get a good job because of his history, and pressures of the world took his life. His heart just gave up. At the time of his death he was clean of all Courts with no record, only some outstanding fines. We are still waiting for the Medical Examination’s report, but we assume drugs were the cause.

We know he is in a better place and we will be with him again. We as parents thank you and the Walker Center for what you did in his recovery. Thought you would like to know."

Clyde and Lorraine Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment